So, you’re short-handed. You might even be putting in longer hours or shuffling staff just to get the job done. This does not seem like a convenient time to post job openings, sift through resumes, and set time aside to do phone and in-person interviews. What’s the answer? Try a staffing agency.
But which one? Selecting the right staffing agency can be just as, if not more important than hiring a new employee. Building a lasting relationship with the right agency can ensure you have employees when you need them—not just any employee, but the right fit.
Here are some questions to ask when making your selection:
- How long have you been in business in this area? Look at the longevity in your area. It takes time to know the area and build a network of qualified candidates. Be careful with national companies—they may have been in business for many years, but not necessarily in your area. Hometown folks typically work best.
- Do you have references? Along with longevity, reputation is key. Word spreads. Ask the businesses around yours about the agencies in your area. Check references.
- What is your recruiting, screening, and hiring process? Look for an extensive list of services in the process, from how they advertise for the job, to things like skills testing, background checks, and drug screens. You will also want to know if they interview each candidate in person, or simply over the phone. You and I both know the impression people make on the phone may change entirely once they walk through the door.
- Do your recruiters have experience with my industry? Look for dedicated, knowledgeable recruiters. Finding recruiters with knowledge about your industry can be critical for finding the right candidates. Do you require bilingual employees? Look for bilingual recruiters.
- Ask yourself, are the recruiters responsive to my needs? Do they listen? Follow-up well? Are they fun to work with? You are building a relationship that will serve your needs for years to come.
- What is the payment schedule? Does the agency have hidden charges? Your cost can be more than anticipated if the agency charges for placement advertising, testing, etc.
Unique Employment Services, a family-owned staffing agency, has been setting the standard in Corpus Christi, Texas for the past 40 years. We know the industries, the people, and the culture of Corpus Christi and the Coastal Bend better than anyone. Our staffing supervisors are experts in the industries for which they recruit. You can depend on us to quickly assess your situation, and delve into our extensive network of reliable, qualified applicants to find the right fit every time. Contact Unique Employment Services today to see the difference a qualified staffing agency can make.
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
The comments are closed.